Kingfisher is proud to be a part of the fourth Griffin Arts Festival this year which is currently being celebrated across the trust, starting on Monday 26th June it will continue until Friday 7th July. All schools are hosting a range of art based workshops and performances for their students.
As is tradition the first week of the Griffin Arts Festival includes the London GAF experience, where 10 competition winners from each of the Trust’s primary schools travelled to East London to take part in an immersive residential.
This proud tradition began at Riverley and Willowbrook Primaries, Leyton, back in the summer of 2014 and the Arts Festival has never looked back! This year, the theme is Utopia: how can I make the world a better a place? Our Young Griffins have experienced the best possible artistic opportunities in London. This has included visits to:
– The Royal Albert Hall
– The Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre
– Lion King workshops by west end performers
– Visits to galleries such as the Tate and the National Gallery
– Workshops at the Globe Theatre
– Shaking Up Shakespeare Performances
– Don Quixote performed by Little Soldiers Productions
– The Ferio Saxophone Quartet
– Live poetry from poet Valerie Bloom
– The Last Night of the Proms with the London Gay Symphonic Winds
These experiences for our pupils are life changing, inspirational and world class. We are immensely proud of our artistic programme of events and we would love to tell you more about our innovative and creative curriculum entitlement. This really is outstanding education at its very best.