Today was our 4th annual Founders Day, celebrating:
- seven years since the foundation of the Griffin Schools Trust (GST)
- our school’s proud traditions as well as the journey we have gone on as part of GST
- our links with the local community
The day started with an assembly led by the Head boy and girl discussing what it means to be a Griffin and the Trust’s theme, which this year is Green Planet: Protecting Our World. The choir led the whole school in a singing ensemble, which was then followed by a presentation from each class about the enterprise products they would be selling in the afternoon fair. Students also heard a presentation from our local charity –
The whole school were treated to a free roast dinner by the school’s catering team; students were served by their teachers in a beautifully decorated hall.
Throughout the day students were reminded of stewardship through a range of fundraising/community service activities:
- Foundation Stage held an afternoon tea for parents
- Year 1 sung at Victory care home for the elderly
- Year 2 ran a staff car wash
- Year 3 organised bring and buy toys, books and used school uniform for our community fair
- Year 4 held an afternoon tea for our school volunteers and unsung hero’s as a thank you
- Year 5 did litter picking with the community warden
- Year 6 read with local nursery
Overall Kingfisher raised £645 – well done everyone!